Saturday, May 1, 2010

Muir, John. My First Summer in the Sierras

Pg. 17 illustration Horseshoe Bend, Merced River

In John Muir’s My First Summer in the Sierras there is this one illustration entitled Horseshoe Bend, Merced River with a small text included and is just a really neat passage to read. He talks about this how beautiful the sight is that is located in area called Merced Valley in an area called Horseshoe Bend that has a high elevation and it lets you look upon what he calls a “glorious wilderness that seemed to be calling with a thousand songful voices.” I just found that one line really beautiful and it just speaks to me with the way he described it. Looking out at the entire wilderness its like you can feel and hear every living thing around just calling out for you to explore and get in touch with.

Muir, John. My First Summer in the Sierras. Digireads.com 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment